Brown Eyes Knits

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Heels turned

The heels have been turned. Yes, heels plural - I'm working both socks at once, but not on the same needles. I just switch back and forth to keep the progress going. I tried doing both on the same needles, but I really need longer needles to make that work.




















Looking pretty good right? That's what I thought, but every once in a while it bothered me that the stitch pattern didn't look quite the same as the picture in the book. Here's mine and the book:


















Notice how mine has a single column of knit stitches between the columns of knit, purl/knit, knit? Well, instead of P-K-P-K-P-P -K-P-K-P, I was just repeating P-K across the row - the difference being that important two P in the middle.

Am I going to rip?
No. I figure I've got my own pattern going on - I'll just keep it consistent! But, I will be knitting another pair of these socks at some point....and then I'll get it right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits