Brown Eyes Knits

Tuesday, March 21, 2006



Originally published February 14, 2006
So - am I too late? For the jaywalker bandwagon? I know the knit-a-long just closed and all....

but look!



Although the start was not so good...I thought I must be stupid, 'cause everyone else was getting good Jaywalkers. But somehow, I spent a good amount of time at this point - give or take a row.


The first row of the zig-zag pattern to be specific. I knit it again and again (and again and again), but each time, I'd end up with 3 extra stitches and so it was tink, tink, tink. All the while I'm cursing myself for being stupid, wondering if there was a jaywalker secret hint I was missing somewhere, thinking surely all those people who knit it must know something I didn't, surely this fabulous pattern by coudn't be wrong.....or could it? Was I the smart one? The one to find the mistake that no one else saw?
Uh...no. Basically, I was right the first time. I was stupid. Somehow I kept reading the pattern repeat wrong and I was skipping one of the kfb stitches. Ooops! But, I worked it out. And the pattern really is fabulous! I'm having so much fun seeing the way the pattern of the Lorna's Laces (Gold Hill) is coming out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits