Brown Eyes Knits

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Mail rocks!

Originally published February 2, 2006

It's been a big week for me and the mail - USPS, FedEx, UPS. I think the only delivery truck I didn't see was DHL.

First up:UPS
Oh boy was this a good one. I've been wanting a dress form for quite some time. I missed out on a used one from JCPenney when the local store closed and then just last week I missed out on a used one from Casual Corner (but I scored some great new clothes at 80% off!). So, I did what any smart person would do....I turned to ebay. What a selection! And I got a mannequin form on a stand - better than I would have gotten from JCPenney or Casual Corner. I put it together right away and it's already modeling my current project...Eris cardigan.
Next: FedEx
This involved a trip to the FedEx facility. CompUSA requested a signature in person. So I grabbed my handy map and off I went. Pretty soon I was home again with THIS. The Kodak V530 Easy Share. It's our first new digital camera in about 4 years. We haven't even used the old one for a couple of years and actually bought an SLR film camera two years ago. I love that camera, but sometimes it's a little too big and I just wanted something to slip into my pocket. Plus, I knew I could never start blogging without a digital. So far I love it! I still need to buy an extra battery and a memory card - next paycheck! And the best part is what a great deal we got...it's now sold out just about everywhere I look, including CompUSA, where we purchased it for way less than the current price! We are thrilled!!! It takes video too! I have lots to learn to make sure I use it to it's advantage. But without it, there would be no pictures in this post!

And finally: USPS
Another ebay purchase. It was not the greatest day, so finding this waiting in my mailbox was just what I need. It's Lorna's Laces in the color Gold Hill and it's gorgeous!
Just what I need to jump on the bandwagon and start these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits